I have dropped the domain historiesmysteriesandstrangeness.com and reverted back to the original domain of histmyst.blogspot.com. However, you will also be able to reach the site via historiesmysteriesandstrangeness.guvna.net or just simply hms.guvna.net.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Disclosure Hype?

There seems to be a lot of buzz on the internet lately about a potential upcoming disclosure by the government of extraterrestrial contact.  It seems like the hype may have picked up after the British government started declassifying their UFO files.  But now, it seems some people are suggesting a potential date has been set for the disclosure; November 27 of this year.  You can view a video clip about that here.

I doubt there will be any disclosure this year.  I've looked at Bill Ryan's website (Projectcamelot.org) before, and he has some pretty far fetched stuff on there.  I just don't think the government is ready for that yet.  Heck, for all we know the government may not even be in contact with extraterrestrials.

But if I'm wrong and there is a disclosure, here are a couple of things to keep in mind:

  1. If the government announces that they are in contact with friendly extraterrestrials, don't necessarily assume that is the truth.  Bear in mind, the government that is saying the extraterrestrials are friendly is the same government that was lying about it and covering it up for decades.  We shouldn't automatically trust everything they say just because it sounds 'cool' and is exciting.  There could be an ulterior motive.  
  2. The government legitimately thinks the extraterrestrials are friendly.  But...the extraterrestrials may be deceiving the government.  Sort of like ABC's upcoming reimagining of the 1983 miniseries V.  In V, the extraterrestrials claim to come in peace, but they actually have an ulterior motive and are a threat.
I'm not saying everyone should jump to the conclusion that we are being lied to, I'm just saying we shouldn't jump to the conclusion that we are being told the truth either.  If and when disclosure ever occurs, I'm sure there will be a lot of people excited about it and readily believe whatever they are told.  This isn't necessarily a good thing.  People should still question things and think for themselves.

And speaking of V, is it just a coincidence that there is all this hype about disclosure right before the premiere on November 3rd?

2 comments:

  1. Like you, I question what our politicians (govt) really know about this subject. I don't think that our government (in regard to politicians) have a clue as to what ever transposed in regard to aliens and UFOs.

    Our "old" military most certainly would and probably older facets of the CIA but not politicians.

    I do however wonder how people come up with some things though. :)

    HEY! I didn't know you had a blog until you commented today in one of my blogs. I clicked on your name and saw it - should have told me. I put it in my daily bookmarks that I click into every day so I'll keep an eye on it.

    Question: Do you have your header picture still without any text on it?

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I noticed I got some extra traffic from your link today...thanks!

    I'll send you a picture.

    ReplyDelete